No economic post today. I will share my favorite turkey brine recipe for my readers.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Recipe courtesy of BBQ Pit Boys:
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
Whole turkey — 14 Pound (13-14)
TO PUT IN CAVITY OF TURKEY WHILE BRINING
1. In a saucepan, combine apple cider, salt, and sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves.
2. In a large bucket, pour the cider mixture and pour water, just enough to cover the turkey.
3. Add vinegar, garlic, ginger, orange, and chili pepper flakes.
4. Into the turkey cavity put fresh rosemary, thyme and sage. Drop the turkey inside the bucket with brine. Add a bag of ice, cover and set the bucket aside for 18-24 hours.
6. Remove the turkey from brine and place on a roasting pan. Remove the herbs from cavity and pat dry with paper towel.
7. Baste turkey with olive oil, pour ale in the roasting pan and place turkey in pan, breast side down.
8. Place the roasting pan on grill, cover and cook for 80 minutes. Flip, baste with pan juices, and cook breast side up for another 2 ½ hours. Baste again with pan juice and continue to cook for another 1 hour.
9. Apply some melted butter on the turkey to get crispy skin and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degree F, basting once or twice with pan juice in between.
10. Remove the turkey from heat and place on a cutting board. Tent the meat with foil and let rest for about an hour.